Friday, October 9, 2009

Grass Art.


Nice little timelapse video of the Fly Tower installation. 
Heather Ackroyd and Dan Harvey  have been covering buildings and monuments in grass for quite some time now. There's a good interview with them here and a great, simple explanation of how they make grass photographs here.


 


“we work with a living material, and life is compelling.”-Harvey
I really like Harvey and Ackroyds stuff, 

I also found, during the course of my meanderings, these grass flipflops: Where The Green Grass Grows (WTGGG) Flip Flops by Seoul-born, London-based artist Hyock Kwon, which are very cute.


I like the playfulness of grass. The greenery that we all have an inbuilt longing for...
the grass is always greener...
It's also a very natural, resiliant thing, that covers at least 25% of the earth's land mass (according to BBC's planet earth series), although human maintained lawns are controlled versions, it's still a living organism.

I also just really love green. It's something I'm just coming to. My favourite colour as a child was blue, but now I think there are a lot of colours that I really like, and grass green is definitely one of them.


No comments:

Post a Comment